Thursday 27 February 2020

Waves,Water and Racing

Yesterday was WBS first sports day.
But it was not on land.
It was in water!

All of Moana syndicate went on the bus to enterprise pool. Where we sat was organised into year groups, and who we raced against was in year groups to. (Of course) My year group was waiting for quite a while. Quite a while meaning all through the heats and semifinals. (There were amazingly only 4 of us!)

As the year 6 girls lined up I felt really nervous really nervous. As Koka Rozie shouted "Ok year 6 girls" we hoped up onto the platform "take deep breaths" is what I said to myself. "Take you mark get set BEEEEEP!!!" SPLASH!!! I dived into the pool Oh no my goggles fell off! I keeped swimming. While swimming I tried to put them back on. (Which I did) My goggles were still filled up with water It was a nightmare. I was getting close to the wall wait too close Ahh! Yes, to save myself from getting too close to the wall I did a tumble turn. I was sprinting back and without noticing my cap fell of! Ha.

The other races where a challenge but I thought I would share this one cause it's pretty funny in that race I came first, in backstroke I came second and in breaststroke.   


      
My brother                                    Me diving                                     My friends


Hope you have a wonderful day


Week 4 Term 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.